The Charles Group is looking for a Senior Designer to work alongside their Creative Team in New York. The role will primarily consist of a focus on design, art direction and content production across digital channels and platforms for select skincare, hair care and cosmetic brands.
Our ideal candidate;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the beauty or related industries
- Minimum of 3 years experience within an agency
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design, Media or related field
- Well versed in clean beauty
- Keen eye for industry related news and digital trends
Role and Responsibilities
- Concept, strategize, design, and visualize content for print, brand and digital channels
- Apply campaign level thinking to develop captivating narratives and outstanding visuals that supersedes client expectations and strengthens their market position.
- Develop client interaction experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts.
- Define the look and feel of what is next in design and art direction and an interest in the latest design trends, technology and social media.
- Develop creative solutions and provide design and art direction for assigned projects
- Oversee creative output for assigned accounts/clients and new business
- Self manage time and ensure work is completed on schedule and on budget
- Self-initiate ideas and proactively contribute to initiatives
- Maintain a level of excellence across all project work output
- Have a solid understanding of Client KPis/Business Goals and ensure you were working to meet them in assigned projects
- Have a top level understanding of project profitability as pertains to your projects
- Participate in new business development efforts including strategic, creative and art direction components
- Work with CCO and Project Manager/Production teams to provide creative input on creative briefs, SOWs and assignments
- Provide support and guidance for the junior members of the design team ensuring there is a strong eye towards skill development based on their skillset.
- Clearly communicate expectations and standards of delivery to the broader project team, and ensure adherence to these expectations.
- Work with other designers to extend the visual language of a diverse range of projects and concept new ideas and new designs.
- Maintaining frequent contact with the assigned account leads to manage delivery and project process expectations.