The Charles is seeking a Senior Art Director to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will help lead creative initiatives and be an instrumental part of a growing team. They will mentor jr. creative staff and produce award-winning work. The ideal candidate will have held an AD or Senior Designer position at a digital agency and have proven experience working in a fast paced creatively driven environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Apply campaign level thinking to develop captivating creative strategies, narratives and outstanding visuals that strengthens client market positions, but also inspires others to produce their best work.
- Have substantial experience in digital design (website, social and content)
- Proven ability to design for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Work with the senior design team to maintain a strong, innovative and well defined graphic design language for the assigned projects.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines, often while working independently.
- Plans and directs many aspects of assigned projects, and serves as an integral member of the Creative team.
- Accountable for managing a team of Creative talent, and leading them in the development of creative work that is consistently sound, of excellent caliber, and acceptable to the client
- Develop innovative concepts and specifications for graphic design related projects that achieve brand objectives and project timelines
- Mentors and leads assigned Creative staff, and is available to critique their work
- Manages many internal details of assigned projects, including finding and/or choosing vendors, working and coordinating with Production team
- Establish guidelines for all applications of the graphic identity of the brand including page layouts, typography and interaction design
- Leads the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas
- Participates as a Creative team member in new-business development efforts
- Work with the CCO, Tech Director and CEO to gradually implement best practices, new processes, aligned procedures and in some cases software within the Creative Team.
- Work with CCO and CEO to concept and execute agency marketing initiatives.
- Work with CCO to foster an agency community that promotes continual creative improvement and freedom that contributes to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Work seamlessly as an individual, a partner with the Creative Director and/or designated Creative Team and Development Team members to create a range of new and viable concepts and designs for assigned agency projects and pitches.
- Strive to keep work on budget and within schedule.
- A robust background with extensive experience in a client facing, creative leadership role in a digital agency environment.
- Experience with concept creation for Print, OLA, TV, OOH.
- Proven leadership skills. The ideal candidate is confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding creative talent at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and pivot as needed on deliverables
- Must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, and motion)
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written & interpersonal
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant graphic design tools.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy, work independently under guidance from Creative Director and other senior team members
- Proven ability to translate client strategy, business goals and consumer data into compelling concepts