The Charles is growing and as part of our growth we're looking for a ridiculously creative, detail oriented, multi-platform-capable Mid-Weight Visual Designer to join our team.
To be successful in this position you must be able to seamlessly shift roles between developing sensational creative concepts and executing stunning forward-thinking designs. Working with our talented Creative and Tech Team, it’s imperative you have a keen understanding of UX best practices and trends and how they apply across platforms and devices.
- Brainstorm creative and design concepts with the project team and ensure alignment to briefs.
- Create compelling and inspired work for The Charles’ internal initiatives and diverse range of clientele.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team and present ideas and designs clearly for both internal discussion and client feedback.
- Develop detailed wireframes, storyboards, paper prototypes, user flows, mockups, developer documentation and other deliverables to effectively communicate designs to the rest of the team for production.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques into workflow as appropriate.
Essential Skills/Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) with at least 3 years of relevant agency experience in a Design position. If no formal Design degree, candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree accompanied by at least 3 years of relevant digital or creative agency experience in a Design position.
- Strong comprehensive understanding of best design practices across platforms
- Basic HTML/CSS Knowledge
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of UX principles and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design artifacts.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Comfortable designing at an Advanced level within the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign) and for Keynote and Pages.
- Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively.
- Motion Graphics
- Understanding of creativity within social media
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to your resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.